Wednesday, 31 March 2010
Yesterday I made up a temporary subframe fitted up the Triumph box to check chain alignment and to make sure there will be enough room to adjust primary chain once fitted and all looks ok. I will need to space the rear wheel sprocket out by 1/4" or use an offset sprocket, but that is easy to sort out later on.
To celebrate I wheeled Junior outside to try it for size, going to fit just fine, even with me racin wellies on!!
Saturday, 27 March 2010
A bit more time at the Junior yesterday and this morning, tanks and seat offered up to see that it all fits together ok. Triumph gearbox set up on wooden blocks to work out height to keep primary level and get the rear chain run right, I'll make up a temporary bridge fixing to mount it to the frame casting above it so I can then fabricate a lower subframe, this will pick up fixings at the rear engine plates and the hand drilled and tapped bosses on the lower frame rails to stiffen the whole lot up.
Thursday, 25 March 2010
I had an hour or so in the workshop this evening so I put a BSA front end and rear wheel onto the Junior Scout frame. I will need to make up one bearing adapter for the headstock and a couple of spacers for the back wheel but otherwise its all good to go!
19" Dunlop rims front and rear will be fine for the 4.00x19 dirt tyres I plan to go on there.
Next on the todo list is to fit the tanks rear guard and seat, then I have to make up plates to fit the Triumph 4 speed box in the space where the Indian 3 speeder used to sit.